CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4, 2011

Want to Organize your Monthly Bill? Try making Financial Binder

I have always been very responsible when it came to paying bills and knowing when and how to pay them..However, I would just pay online (through our bank) and store the bill in my large, overstuffed filing cabnit.

When my husband and I decided to do our bills together and become for "financially organized" I thought to myself-How am I going to explain to him my so-called system..Thats when it hit me-Why not make a Financial Binder!

How I set up my binder:

First I made a budget form from excel. It is divided into 6 categories (Includes fixed bills, nonfixed bills, credit cards, income, savings, & goals) Within each category is where I would list my bills (cable, house, cars, etc)

*Nonfixed bills are bills that are NOT the same amount every month-Simply take the lowest amount and the highest amount and use that as your guide (135.64-189.98)

*Fixed bills are bills that are the same amount every month.

Then I have all the sub categories "tabbed" (thats where I will place my paper bills every month)

Income-I have a spreedsheet and with every paycheck (any source of income) I simply write the amount and date. If you get paystubs-hole punch them and place them in this section.

Savings-I have a spreedsheet with every deposit/transaction I make into my savings account.

Goals-Our goals are simple...How much can we put in our savings account this month?


0 comments:

Post a Comment